1. How long have you been with PayPal, where do you work from and what is your job title?
I am absolutely a green hand in PayPal, as I just enter my third month here. I am based in Beijing and head the government relations function for PayPal Greater China. However, as PayPal China headquarters is in Shanghai, I actually spend almost half of my time in Shanghai.
2. Where did you work before PayPal?
I worked for the Ministry of Commerce of China from 1992-2003, and then Bo\'ao Forum for Asia, a Davos-like think-tank focusing on free trade and investment promotion in Asia. In 2006, I joined GE Capital China, as the head of government affairs, and worked there until I joined PayPal in March 2010.
3. What are you doing to help our customers?
eBay China and PayPal China are focused on cross border trade (CBT). Most of our customers are small or even micro business (including the self-employed). The current issue is that neither the CBT business model nor our customers are fully recognized by the government. Current policies in custom clearance and foreign exchange administration cannot be applied to CBT businesses, and as a result our customers cannot benefit from the free conversion of their foreign currency income.
To solve this issue, PayPal China is working with the national government to have CBT businesses recognized.
4. What is your favorite activity outside of work?
I like to play soccer with my son, when I have time. I am not a good player, but I hope my son can be a better player.
5. If you could go anywhere in the world to work, where would it be and what would you do?
If it is possible, I would like to be a high school teacher in a small town in southern China, where I can enjoy the tea and food while I share my experiences with kids.
6. What was the last thing you paid for with PayPal?
$10 to Chris for the FIFA World Cup Pool!
7. What was the last item you purchased on eBay?
A collection of Real Madrid/Barcelona players\'idols.
8. What is your favorite English language movie and favorite movie of all time?
My favorite English language movie is "Gladiators", and my favorite movie of all time is a French comedy called "La Grande Vadrouille."