Join the Main Street Community
When it comes to ecommerce, legislators have immense power. If you sell online, you’re probably already aware that legislators can affect your bottom line – and even threaten your company’s very existence – by creating unfair commerce policies.
The best way to protect yourself and ecommerce is to make your voice heard in the halls of power. Signing up for Main Street can help you do just that.
Sign Up for eBay Main Street!
As an eBay Main Street member, you’ll enjoy:
- important news & information about policy issues that affect online buyers and sellers
- an “Action Center” that makes it easy for you to voice your opinion on policy matters
- a community of 600,000+ like-minded commerce policy advocates
While we focus on a wide variety of commerce policy issues globally, here are 3 examples of current issues:
- Internet Sales Tax – eBay Main Street members helped put a stop to the potentially harmful Marketplace Fairness Act last year. But U.S. Congress continues to consider Internet sales tax proposals, so the fight is far from over. We need your help.
- Cross-Border Trade – Many online businesses aren’t reaching their full potential because of outdated trade laws. Congress will be debating changes to U.S. trade laws in 2015, and other countries will be doing the same. These debates could affect a wide variety of global small businesses so your voice needs to be heard.
- Ticket Resale – Many countries and U.S. states have attempted to pass ticket resale laws preventing fans from reselling tickets they have legally purchased. Main Street is committed to preventing the criminalizing of ticket reselling across the globe, as well as providing fans with a way to have a say in these discussions.
These are only 3 of many issues that affect e-commerce, and by signing up for eBay Main Street, you can speak up for a fair online marketplace for companies of all sizes.