Tod Cohen, Vice President, Deputy General Counsel, Global Government Relations, poses with Australian Minister for Trade and Investment, Andrew Robb, at the APEC event.
The APEC (Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation) CEO Summit is the leading premier government-industry business event in the Asia Pacific, and is held during “Leaders Week” in the APEC calendar. This year the summit was held in Bali, Indonesia October 5-7 and eBay Inc. was represented by Tod Cohen, Vice President, Deputy General Counsel, Global Government Relations. The Summit provided an opportunity for eBay Inc. to convey key messages with government and policy stakeholders including: enabling global trade for SME’s; reducing and/or removing frictions on cross border trade; and free flow of cross border data.
While at the Summit, eBay Inc. participated at various meetings including:
- Andrew Robb, Australian Minister for Trade and Investment
- Ho Meng Kit, CEO Singapore Business Federation
- Penny Pritzker, US Commerce Secretary
- Koya Nishikawa, Chairman, TPP Committee, Japan
- Ambassador Michael Froman, USTR
- Gao Hucheng, Commerce Minister for the People’s Republic of China
- Masagos Zulkifli, Minister for Foreign Affairs for Singapore
- Prime Minister Yingluck, Thailand
- President Sang, Socialist Republic of Vietnam
eBay was also featured as a case study in a report circulated by the National Center for APEC at the Summit titled, “Leveraging Innovative Solutions to Create Economic Dividends: Case Studies From the Asia Pacific Region.” The eBay case study featured was the Digital Service Efficiency methodology which measures the carbon footprint of data centers.