Privacy and Cookie Notice
This notice was last updated September 30, 2016.
Welcome to ebaymainstreet.com! At eBay we value your trust and strive to honor it by being transparent, consistent and reliable about how we use your Personal Information. Personal Information is information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that person. We wrote this notice in simple terms so that you can understand how we handle your information.
The services available at eBaymainstreet.com and eBaycampaigns.com (the “Site”) are provided by eBay.inc (“eBay”, “we”, “us” or “”our”). We have established a set of global privacy standards for all eBay Inc. companies known as Binding Corporate Rules (BCRs). They are our commitment to protect your Personal Information and have been approved by a number of European Union privacy regulators. For more information about our BCRs visit our eBay Privacy Center.
Information We Collect
We collect information in two ways:
- When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it: When you sign up, you will be prompted to provide information such as name, address, telephone number, email address and eBay user ID. You may also give us information when you participate in a campaign or in a Main Street Member Program Event (“Event”). If you communicate with us through email or otherwise we may save a copy of the correspondences sent to us or by us. Finally, if you use the like or share buttons in our site to let your friends know about your interest we will record it.
- We also get technical information when you use our site: Whenever you use an internet service nowadays there is certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. This is true for our Site also. Some examples are:
- Log Data: This is information that is automatically recorded by us or our service providers when you visit us such as your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you were browsing before visiting us, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you browsed our site. We or our service providers may use “cookies” or similar technologies to record log data. To learn more about cookies read our Cookie Notice below.
- Device Information: Your access device makes certain information available to us or our service providers such as what type of device it is, your operating system, and device identifier. To learn more about the information that your device makes available check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
We or our service providers may install cookies in your device when you visit us. We may also use other similar technologies. Cookies are tiny text files that are placed in the memory of your browser or device and allow us to record certain pieces of information whenever you visit our site. Cookies may be “session” cookies (that last until you close your browser) or “persistent” cookies (that last until you or your browser delete them).
California law requires us to say how we respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Because we do not collect personal information about our users over time and across third party websites and online services, we do not currently respond to DNT signals
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use the information we collect to provide our services to you and to make them better. For example, we use your information to keep you updated on eBay’s latest government efforts that may impact your eBay experience, to provide you with legislative alerts, let you know about Events, and inform you about how to contact government officials.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes. We do share it in limited instances that include:
- Sharing upon your request. For example, when you participate in a petition we will share your information to let your political representatives know that you support the petition.
- Sharing with service providers we employ to process personal information on our behalf based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy. For example, we may share information with a third party we hire to handle emails.
- Sharing with members of the eBay Inc. corporate family to provide joint services. For example, if you choose to participate in a tickets-related campaign, we may share your information with StubHub.
- Sharing when we believe it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law; regulation, or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or eBay; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
Finally, we may engage in certain transactions that require us to transfer Personal Information, such as mergers, acquisitions, or dissolution.
- You may request access to the Personal Information provided to us during registration or request that such information be updated by writing us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us through our Contact Us page at any time.
- You may change your preferences about how we contact you by clicking the unsubscribe link on any of our emails or by letting us know what your preferences are through our Contact Us page at any time.
- You may opt-out of Google Analytics by installing Google’s Opt-Out Browser Add On.
- Your browser or device may allow you to set your preferences in a way that blocks our cookies.
How We Protect Your Information
We work very hard to protect your information by using numerous tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) Unfortunately, as you probably know, third parties work very hard to unlawfully access information also. For that reason we cannot promise you that your Personal Information will always remain private.
Other Important Information
- By visiting our site or participating in an Event you agree to be bound by this notice.
- We may change this Notice from time to time. If we do we will post any changes on this Site. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or obtain your consent as required by law. Amended terms take effect 30 days after they are posted. If you continue to use our Site after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy.
- This Site is not intended for children under the age of 13. If you learn that a minor child has provided us Personal Information please contact us.
- When you share information with third party social media websites (e.g. by using the like button to share information about a campaign you have joined) remember that the information these third parties collect is subject to their privacy policies, not ours.
- Your Personal Information will be collected, stored and processed on servers in the United States. The laws pertaining personal information in the United States may be different than the laws of the country where you reside.
- You may write to us at 2065 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, California, 95125 (Attn: Legal Global Privacy Practices).