eBay has been a vocal opponent of Congress\' plan to levy new Internet sales taxes on some of our favorite small business retailers (including eBay sellers and buyers). Since eBay VP Tod Cohen spoke out last week, many other companies and advocacy groups have joined the effort.
See below for just a few of the organizations that are joining the conversation about anti-small business legislation.
- Direct Marketing Association
- Net Choice
- Electronic Retailing Association
- Computer and Communications Industry Association
- The Information Technology Industry Council
- National Taxpayers Union
- The Tax Foundation
Read what the media are saying about SSTP and Internet sales tax
- The Hill - "Most of the public opposes tax on Internet sales"
- Don\'t Mess with Taxes - "Sales tax collection on online purchases: legislation to ease it, lawsuit to stop it"
- Huffington Post - "Internet sales tax get Democrats\' support"
- Daily Tech - "Democrats Propose National Internet Sales Tax Policy, ACLU Fights Back"
- The Feehery Theory - "Internet Tax Shopping"
- The Wisconsin State Journal - "Tod Cohen - Smallest e-retailers will be hurt the most"
- Tech Daily Dose - "Hodes Offers Resolution Opposing Net Sales Tax Bill"
- Internet Retailer - "Sales Tax Debate Flares Up on Capitol Hill"
- PR Newswire - "NetChoice Warns of Small Business Tax Threat in State Online Tax Expansion"
- The Tax Foundation - "Sales Tax Bill Introduced in Congress"