Define Commerce, Shape Policy, Grow Sustainably
Commerce is at an inflection point. From exclusively focusing on the physical retail store - Commerce 1.0. The Internet added online shopping - Commerce 2.0. But the true game-changer is happening right now with mobile technologies. Commerce today revolves around an omnipresent consumer who with a smartphone accesses services, products and information. This is Commerce 3.0 where mobile is the connective tissue between the online and offline worlds, between the local and global opportunities.
With a call for Think 3.0!, we want to bring forth smart and flexible policies that foster the innovation and investment Commerce 3.0 needs and support the changing trading patterns it enables.
“We need a different mindset. Because, even if with the right legislation, we'd still need the vision to see the opportunities amid the transformation […] let's embrace new technology, new legal frameworks, and a new way of thinking”
Neelie Kroes Vice President of the European Commission, Speech
Featured Tweets from Stockholm
Relevant Articles from Main Street
- New eBay Roadmap Highlights Economic Opportunities of Commerce 3.0 for Europe
- In the Tool-Box: Online Marketplaces for European Integration
- Why trade facilitation matters – eBay presents at WTO
- Technology for Sustainable Commerce – an EU context (Part 1)
- Mobile First! New EU Rules for the Smart Phone Generation
- Riding the Internet Wave to Trust
- Drilling Deeper: new data findings confirms eBay enables commerce