The Midwinter Ball has been the highlight of the social calendar in the National Capital since June 2000, and this year’s event was no exception.
eBay is a proud sponsor of the Ball and also of the charity auction, which is the highlight of the evening. The details of the charity items and the auction results are below:
• Dinner for six with the Prime Minister, Julia Gillard, at The Lodge or her Sydney residence Kirribilli House -$31100
• A patchwork campaign blanket handicraft by the PM Julia Gillard and her staff - $680
• A tennis lesson for one with Davis Cup Champion & Liberal MP John Alexander, hosted by Opposition leader, Tony Abbott, followed by lunch for six people- $13601
• Two tickets to the Brisbane Broncos v Gold Coast Titans rugby league match at Suncorp Stadium on Friday July 15, 2011 with Treasurer, Wayne Swan -$3000
• Breakfast for four followed by a walk with leader of the Greens, Bob Brown, along his proposed Democracy Walk in Canberra - $3150
• Lunch or dinner for six with the three independents - Tony Windsor, Rob Oakeshott & Bob Katter - in one of Parliament\'s fine dining rooms during a Federal Parliamentary sitting week-$12100
• Qantas return business class tickets to London, Shanghai, Johannesburg, Buenos Aires or New York-$12100
During the Ball eBay staff spoke with a number of MPs on a range of issues that our buyers and sellers have highlighted are of concern and which are key barriers or enablers to eCommerce. eBay will continue to work on behalf of our users and online consumers to ensure Australia fully embraces the digital economy.
Katherine Store, PayPal, Elena Wise, PayPal, Nicolette Maury, eBay, Deborah Sharkey, eBay, Malte Feller, PayPal, Melanie Brocklehurst, eBay, Daniel Feiler, eBay
Melanie Brocklehurst, Head of Government Relations, eBay with Julia Gillard, Prime Minister of Australia
Melanie Brocklehurst, Head of Government Relations, eBay with Tony Abbot MP, Leader of the Opposition